-- Tom Graham <tom.gra...@jadu.co.uk> wrote
(on Tuesday, 28 July 2009, 09:19 PM +0100):
> I noticed Zend have registered various "planet" domain names for Zend
> Framework.
>
> Domain name: PLANETZF.COM
>
> Registrant:
> Zend Technologies Ltd
> 12 Abba Hillel St.
> Ramat-Gan, Israel 52506
>
> Does anyone from Zend know when we're going to see the site up and running? I
> for one would be interested in helping to get it up and running.
> Zend_Feed_Reader has come along just in time :)

This has been an interesting "chicken and the egg" project.

Work on planetzf.com started over a year ago, and at the time, Wil
Sinclair got a number of interested contributors and volunteers together
to create an open source "planet" engine, which would then be used by
planetzf.com to aggregate ZF-related blog posts.

The contributors quickly came to the same conclusions as Padraic Brady,
however: Zend_Feed, while nice for one-off feed parsing tasks with basic
feeds, is not terribly good with the myriad feed types and variations,
doesn't play well with caching headers, and much more. This was
hampering progress, so something had to be done.

Jurrien Stutterheim then joined forces with Paddy to work on
Zend_Feed_Reader. Unfortunately, not long after they started
collaborating, they each became quite busy, and progress stalled.

So... here we are today. :)

I would like to get re-started on this project fairly soon, as I think
there are some good benefits to having a ZF-specific planet site.

For those interested in helping out, you should contact the developers
in the Planeterium project:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/zf-planetarium/

Project Lead            | matt...@zend.com
Zend Framework          | http://framework.zend.com/