On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Matthew Weier
O'Phinney<matt...@zend.com> wrote:
> -- Tom Graham <tom.gra...@jadu.co.uk> wrote
> (on Tuesday, 28 July 2009, 09:19 PM +0100):
>> I noticed Zend have registered various "planet" domain names for Zend
>> Framework.

> This has been an interesting "chicken and the egg" project.
>
> Work on planetzf.com started over a year ago, and at the time, Wil
> Sinclair got a number of interested contributors and volunteers together
> to create an open source "planet" engine, which would then be used by
> planetzf.com to aggregate ZF-related blog posts.

> I would like to get re-started on this project fairly soon, as I think
> there are some good benefits to having a ZF-specific planet site.

The developer of the original planet-code open sourced it a couple of
months ago.

* http://blog.liip.ch/archive/2009/05/04/planet-php-sources-now-on-github.html
* http://github.com/chregu/planet-php/tree/master

It may be worth considering to start with that working code, and then
improving it a piece at a time into a fully ZF-based system - which
can itself be upgraded to by the existing 'planets' that are already
out there.

Alister