I modified my paths to absolute and it cleared a notice I kept getting (when
I loaded en it was complaining it couldn't find my (browser) default
language: nl -> No translation found for .. or something)

However it still doesn't load en when I use:

$this->addTranslation('c:/www/application/languages', 'en');

Only when I use:

$this->addTranslation('c:/www/application/languages/en.csv', 'en');

Best regards,
Ignace