In my opinion, I think XML should be the recommended route. Using some
obscured version of a Windows origin configuration file and then
bastardizing it belong belief to add functionality is the entirely wrong way
to go.

XML and the newly added ZendFW XML namespace (in 1.9) is the right way.
That's what XML was built for. Not INI.

We should be discouraging bad practices. Bending a format into a direction
it was never meant to go is not a good practice.

---
Philip
g...@gpcentre.net
http://www.gpcentre.net/