I've been very frustrated with ZF - specifically in regard to the lack of
helpful how to and tutorial information.  There is very little out there
that is even close to up-to-date.  If the official documentation wants
developer to "connect the dots" on their own, it seems to leave a little too
much room between the dots for me.

I've developed many applications using ZF.  I started using it well before
many of the new components became available.  It takes so much time and
experimentation to figure out how to implement the new components that it
almost seems impractical if you want to actually get something done (vs
study and learn).

I've also created applications using CI and Symfony and found those
frameworks much better to use from the standpoint of being able to actually
accomplish some work.  The documentation and tutorial help is much more
readily available and suited to an experience developer jumping in and
getting work done.

ZF seem more suited to academia than someone trying to run a business
developing applications, IMHO.

Rob

Rob Riggen (802) 662-1069 r...@riggen.org