On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Ralf Eggert <r.egg...@travello.de> wrote:
> Hi Till,
>
>> From a standards perspective there is no difference between linking
>> and importing. At least at that level. At that level means, it seems
>> to be in the html anyway, and not within another stylesheet.
>>
>> Sometimes people use @import to hide css from older browsers, e.g.
>> @import('foobar') screen; should hide code from IE6 (if I remember
>> correctly) and a bunch of other browsers, but otherwise, there's no
>> difference at this "level" -- the other use case for @import is to
>> import styles into another stylesheet, but that doesn't seem to be the
>> case here.
>>
>> Anyway, haven't heard of such a bug, and I feel your pain in regard to
>> supporting older browsers. :) Did you test this on a Windows with IE6,
>> or using one of these multi-ie-tools? Sometimes the tools crash for
>> other reasons, but you probably made sure that this is the real deal.
>
> Thanks for your comments so far. Yes I used the IETester on Win XP as
> well as a MultipleIEs installer. In both IE6 versions the problem occurs
> with @import and not if the css is added with the link-tag.
>
> I have no idea if this problem also occurs on a "native" IE6
> installation. In the target audience for this special website the IE6 is
> still used by more than 30% of the users so the IE6 still needs to be
> supported.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Ralf

I'd advice to built a clean VM with IE6. I use those tools as well,
but I also found they crash unexpectedly sometimes. And it's not
always because the IE engine would.

Also, thinking about your code and my response. Maybe Dojo is trying
to hide code from IE6 using this method? If so, then a "screen" would
be missing, imho. Maybe you can patch that and let us know if it
helped.

Till