Ralf Eggert wrote:
I have no idea if this problem also occurs on a "native" IE6
installation. In the target audience for this special website the IE6 is
still used by more than 30% of the users so the IE6 still needs to be
supported.
I'd also suggest using a virtual machine with a native Windows XP + IE6. I have had crashes and rendering issues with MultipleIE's, while a native one worked like a charm. Try virtualbox (Sun, see virtualbox.org), which you can use free of charge on any typical host computer (I've used it successfully on WinXP and Linux hosts).

You do not need the open source edition or compile it yourself, as long as you're using it for personal use (which can be commercial use as well, as long as you're the only user connecting to the virtual machine from your host machine, read the PUEL if in doubt).

HTH
Gerard