-- Paul <z...@zooluserver.com> wrote
(on Friday, 06 August 2010, 02:59 PM -0400):
> Thanks!  That will makes our lives easier, as we are in the process
> of moving towards 5.3 (getting ready for ZF2!).
>
> So you recommend going with each developer having his/her own local
> stack rather than central dev server?
>
> Do you recommend VM for this to keep the environments similar?

The teams I've worked on have all managed their own local development
stacks.

That said, I also have some colleagues and friends who work on teams
that use VM environments, and swear by it. The nice part of having a VM
environment is that one person can be tasked with its creation and
documentation, and then each person simply grabs an image and uses it.
In the end, however, they still need to push code to it, and each
person's VM image will vary after time.

Project Lead            | matt...@zend.com
Zend Framework          | http://framework.zend.com/