Yeah exactly it does seem like too much work just to look at a small
bug. I use svn to deploy a lot of my sites to servers, it's super easy
if you have command line access, and if you have control of your
dns/domains it's easy to setup a bunch of various dev environments
whether it's per developer, per project/feature etc.