I'm not entirely sure what the point of showing a pre-filled password box is
anyway.

If you're going to assume that the user has the credentials (as you are by
supplying the password for them), then you might as well just stay with that
assumption and not show the password box at all.

Also, if the password field is present to allow users to update their
password, then I'd be inclined to make them enter their password again
manually anyhow, as a password change is a significant status change to a
users account.  It only makes sense to make sure the person changing the
password had access to the original.