Ok, the tournament's over and we all can continue our lives. :) Congrats to the
winners and all the other superb and ingenious entries!

Although my 98 strokes are quite a lot, even for a beginner, I see that I had the
right ideas in many cases (e.g., bit ops in even.pl), so I don't feel too ashamed.
Once you know some tricks of the trade, I guess, you can save *big* (or can't you?).

But after scouring the perldocs and being baffled about the other solutions, some
questions still remain:

* Where is the empty searchlist behaviour with the 'c' switch of the y/// operator
documented (using y///c to count characters)?

* Concerning this answer from Ronald Kimball to my question about the counting the
space in front of the hash-bang command line switches:

"If you can get the command line switches to work *without* that space
character, then you don't have to pay for it."

How's that possible?

* How sick do you have to be to come up with those <50 stroke solutions for even.pl? :)

Cheers,

Joerg