Yes, the common parts can occur anywhere in the string.  The reference was
only to show the closest bit of code I could find using google, which
happened to be on this list.  I expect if there's a neat way to do it,
somebody on this list knows how.

Restated- given two texts, find the longest identical contiguous
substrings, starting anywhere in either string.

-Daniel