On Feb 14, Daniel R. Allen said:

>Somebody asked on the Toronto Perlmongers list about finding the longest
>common (consecutive) substring of two thousand-character texts using perl.
>I've given a quick search and can find nothing definitive. [1]
>
>She doesn't want the longest common subsequence, where elements can be
>chopped out of either text to make them similar, which I could find code
>for, and which is essentially 'diff'.

So basically, from "this is the way we brush our teeth" and "is his the
way to do it?" you would want "is the way ", right?  If so, I can come up
with a regex solution for you.

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan      [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.pobox.com/~japhy/
RPI Acacia brother #734   http://www.perlmonks.org/   http://www.cpan.org/