Randal L. Schwartz:
> That's what I expect code2text to do.  Dump the coderef so that I can
> restore it.  And for closures, it must dump the state of the closure
> variables.

There isn't a "current state". What would you like

    {
        my $start = halting_problem_to_detect_at_compile_time();
        sub woofer {$start++}
    }

to do?

Now, if you want to run a deparse *after* this code has been executed, it's
perfectly possible to get the current value of $start, although I'm not sure
whether or not B::Deparse currently does that. But to do it at compile time -
no, not much chance of that.

--
I don't understand how people can think SCSI is anything more quirky
than a genius with peculiar dietary requirements in a world where the