Randal L. Schwartz:
> Simon> There isn't a "current state".
>
> Saying there isn't one doesn't make that true.

I understand that. But knowing far, far more about how the B modules
are implemented than you do gives me a reasonable head start.

> At the time
> I can possibly execute coderef2text, there *is* a current state.
> Deny that.

OK, I'll deny that; B modules are typically executed during the CHECK
phase, when none of the code has been executed. At that time there is
no current state. OK?

> Clear now?

It was clear before.

> coderef2text does not dump closures.  I wish it would.  It appears to
> be a hard problem.

No, it's an absolutely trivial problem. B::Deparse::coderef2text appears not
to currently check the SVs defined in CvOUTSIDE as well as the current CV. If
it checked those SVs, you'd get what you wanted. It's probably only a three or
four line fix. Patches are very welcome. I can even supply you with a free
Perl 5 internals tutorial in case you're not up to speed on the issues
involved.

--
We all agree on the necessity of compromise.  We just can't agree on
when it's necessary to compromise.