On Monday, July 9, 2001, at 05:47 PM, Ken Stevens wrote:

> I normally have my Lombard attached to my 13" Apple monitor to provide
> more
> monitor real estate.  It works great as long as I am at home.  When I
> am not
> attached to the second monitor I have a problem.
>
> Some programs do not recognize when I have changed from two to one
> monitors.
> If a program had been opened on the second monitor the window does not
> appear when I try to launch the program with only my Lombard screen.
>
> Is there any way of getting the program to launch any windows on my
> Lombard
> screen when the second monitor is not attached?

If the faulty applications merely save their windows positions and then
just restore them to those positions, without checking the screen
boundaries, it's quite possible that you wouldn't be able to bring those
windows on your Lombard screen without your 13" monitor attached. I
would suggest you move those windows to your Lombard screen whenever you
have access to your 13" monitor, then quit the applications, sleep,
disconnect the monitor, awake from sleep, launch applications again and
see what happens. What applications show this behavior, BTW?

-Laurent.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]             Washington, DC, USA
"Heuristics are bug ridden by definition. If they didn't have bugs,
then they'd be algorithms."