>Keith Potter wrote:
>
>>  on 7/12/2001 00:36, Andrew Linggar at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>>  > My Yo-Yo always making a spark when I plug it to the power
>>outlet. Why is that
>>  > ? Is it dangerous ?
>>  > Will it damage my PowerBook ?
>>
>>     It's not officially on the recall, but you should probably call Apple
>>  about it anyway.
>
>No.  You shouldn't Apple and tie up their lines for no reason.  I
>can verify (as an
>Apple tech), as well as Jeremy Derr (a current Apple employee), that the YoYo
>adapters are not in question.  They are fine.  I called and verified
>it m,yself.
>The spark will NOT damage your Powerbook.  The Power adapter on my
>TiBook does the
>same thing.  To quote Douglas Adams..."don't Panic."

Well....... If someone thinks there's something wrong with their
adapter, there's no harm in calling up AppleCare Technical Support
and talking to a technical agent about it. Call into normal tech
support, though, not the line provided for the recall. AppleCare Tech
Support can be reached at 800-APL-CARE in the US. None of the yo-yo's
are being recalled, but (like any other component), I'm sure one goes
out from time to time...

I don't deal with PowerBooks much, myself, so when it comes to them
all I can go by is my own personal experience. All three of the
yo-yo's I deal with (my TiBook, my old Pismo, and my dad's iBook)
spark when plugged in. I've found that if I'm careful when plugging
in, and make sure both prongs make contact with the AC terminal at
the same time, there's no spark..... but personally, I rarely take
the time, and they usually spark (about 3/4 of the time) when I plug
them in. None of my adapters have burned out, stopped working, or
otherwise malfunctioning. Well, that's not quite true..... I DID drop
my Pismo's adapter in a hotel pool. That made it slightly stop
working. Luckily, it wasn't in use at the time, or that would have
really sucked... =P