>Kathleen Wittenberg wrote:
>
>>  Check out this story if you think the black brick M4402 is the *only*
>>  adapter to be recalled:
>>
>>  <http://www.macsonly.com/index.html#acrecall>
>>
>>  People are posting to this list that their old Yo-yo adapter's serial #
>>  is triggering the Apple recall site to send a new adapter. I don't think
>>  it's a fluke. We'll see what happens when the new adapters begin arriving
>>  on doorsteps. The above is at least the second article I've seen that
>>  confirms Pismo Yo-yo adapters are being replaced.
>>

>This merely means that there is a glitch in Apple's database system.
>Apple would be in HUGE trouble with CPSC if they tried to 'quietly'
>recall an AC adapter that was causing problems, by replacing it under an
>unrelated product recall.

I can verily assure you that, even if the website is accepting
(probably erroneously) other adapter types, only the M4402 is being
recalled. From this list, and other resources on the web, it's
obvious that the web site is accepting some yo-yo adapters as well.
Won't do much good to exchange a yo-yo, since you'll just be getting
another yo-yo back, though.

As Kyle mentioned earlier, I'm working at Apple these days... or at
least, I've been working at Apple ever since they threatened to fire
me if I didn't actually, you know, DO something. ;-) Geez, some
nerve, expecting me to work in exchange for a pay check.....

If there's any ambiguity left, feel free to email me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Any statements herein represent my opinion and do not represent those
of my employer.