Does anyone else with 512M modules in a Pismo encounter sleep
unexpectedly? My Pismo 400 (1g RAM/20g HD - MacOS9.1) has started to
sleep without warning. Luckily, it's a graceful shut down each time,
but the bottom line is that I'm not triggering it on purpose.

The unexpected sleep appears to be related to an upgrade from 384 MB
RAM (256M MemoryX + 64M Apple, both 3-2-2) to 1G (512M OWC + 512M
OWC, both 2-2-2). While unexpected sleep appears to occur only with a
512M module, this does not appear to be linked to any particular 512M
module;  I have tested four different OWC 512M modules and have had
unexpected sleep occur with all combinations, even when I've tested
one of the 512M with a 64M or 256M.

This surprise sleep occurs only during operation with battery, not
while running on AC power. This sleep occurs despite active
connections with a cardbus modem (Merlin for Ricochet wireless). I
think it may occur _only_ with an active Ricochet connection. The
modem alone doesn't trigger sleep. Does this imply the 512M modules
are drawing too much power in combination with the modem?

Anyone else using a cardbus card with 512M RAM modules experience
unexpected sleep?
--
m. g. gadzikowski | [EMAIL PROTECTED]