Peter J. Vreeland wrote:
> Greeting to all,
> I have learned a lot by reading your posts over the last year.
> I have a question is it possible to partion a drive  that is to be
> placed in a firewire drive that will be recognizable  by both Mac ,
> PC and linux based computers or am I just dazed and confused?
> Ideally I want to get a 48 gig IBM travelstar  put it in a firewire
> usb2 enclosure and partion it so that I can back up my wife's Tosihba
> Lap top 4gigs , my pismo 30 gigs  and have some room for linux folder
> 8 gigs I have been tinkering with.
> any ideas or direction would be greatly appreciated.
> Pete

Hmmm....

The easiest solution would be to get MacDrive for your wife's laptop (
http://www.mediafour.com ), so her computer can read the Mac formatted
disk, and mount it as an hfs disk under Linux, which should be doable,
though you might have to cobble the drivers from the darwin source, if
your linux distro doesn't have them.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona