John Featherstone wrote:

> Back on OS 9.2.2 partition..
>
> Still (Toast) won't recognize it (burner) on the OS 9.2.2 partition but
> notice that something else launches if I have the CD burner switched on at
> boot up. It asks me to format the Disc for burning, and when I do it allows
> me to add items to the Disc but gives no dialogue to burn it till I try to
> put it away. Then it gives me the option to eject or burn. When I select
> burn, it just crashes the computer. Must be some support that is written
> into OS 9.2.2 that supports built in CD burners and it is recognizing my
> QueFire as that burner. Must also be the software that is blocking Toast
> from recognizing the presence of the burner too.

DING DING! We have a winnah!

The Apple CD Burner and Toast extensions are incompatible. Some people
have gotten the Toast extension to work by renaming it with a space as
the first character, forcing it to load first.

This incompatibility is mentioned in both the iDisk and Disk Burner read
mes...

Here's the Knowledge base article title and number:

iTunes 1.1/Disc Burner 1.0.1: Third-Party Disc Burning Software Stops
Working

Article ID: 60805

--
Bruce Johnson