I've had a Lombard for just over a year and can't get the fan to come on no
matter what I've tried. Wanted to compare it to the one in my new TiBook but
no such luck. So to answer your question, the fan not running is probably
normal.

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.