At 3.05 PM -0600 4/1/02, Harper, Charlie T wrote:
>Ok, if I am able to see the Cube's HD on the Pismo desktop, can I then drag
>the Pismo's
>System Folder onto the Cube HD icon and expect to have the Pismo files
>transferred to the Cube?  I am assuming that the Pismo would not be acting
>as a file sharing server in this mode.  I guess I don't understand exactly
>the definition of a "file server" vs. a "client".  Any help here would be
>appreciated.  Thanks.

A server provides services to other computers, which are known as
clients. A file server provides files to other computers. In this
case, the Cube is providing files to the PowerBook; therefore, the
Cube is the Server, the PowerBook is the Client.

Once the Cube's hard drive is mounted on the desktop of the
PowerBook, you can transfer files either way really. You can drag
files from the Cube onto the PowerBook or from the PowerBook onto the
Cube.

Caveat here is that you won't be able to effectively move System
files from the PowerBook to the Cube.

--
Jeremy Derr             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Low End Macs - G-Books "ListNanny"

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.