What a farce.

Apple sent me a carton for shipping my PowerBook for AppleCare
warranty-covered DVD module repairs. Since I know Parko, the fellow
who had the well-publicized warranty-shipping broken-LCD fiasco last
year, I visited the Airborne office to ask how much it would cost to
insure Apple's prepaid shipping.

Airborne Express flatly refused to allow insurance on any shipment to
Apple Computer in Houston. As soon as Airborne heard it was a
warranty repair item to Apple, Airborne would not negotiate. Airborne
refused to allow insurance purchase even if we ignored Apple's
prepaid sticker and I paid for shipping charges myself! The employee
went so far as to warn me not to try to deceive Airborne in this
matter, because she now understood the nature of my shipment.

Aghast, I suggested that Airborne would allow me to insure the very
same package if I were to ship it to my father. The employee agreed.
I suggested that FedEx would allow me to insure the very same package
to Apple Computer in Houston. The employee agreed. She in return
suggested that I might be happier with FedEx if I required insurance.

I left immediately, drove to FedEx, where customer service was superb.
--
gadzikowski | [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.