On Saturday, April 20, 2002, at 03:50  PM, Kochkodin wrote:

> I absolutely avoid Airborne like the plague!!!  I have had stuff
> shipped to
> me via Airnorne that was signature required...the drivers just threw it
> on
> the porch and left it.  I live 1 block from an elementary school and the
> kids walk past my front porch usually about 1/2 to 1 hr after the usual
> Airborne delivery time and I have had a few small packages
> stolen...chips
> etc ..When I complained to Airborne, the barely apologized and said to
> notify the shipper to file a claim.  The delivery service here is a
> contract
> outfit and it sems that they really don't give a damn about good
> service.
> regards,
> Mike K

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I've had all of these problems with
FedEX and UPS, but in my area, service with Airborne Express is
absolutely superb. I live across the street from my office and routinely
FedEX and UPS will deliver packages intended for me at one location to
the other (as in, I have something shipped to me at home, and they
deliver it to the office, or visa versa), packages arrive battered
beyond recognition.... Airborne, on the other hand, treats all of my
packages with kid gloves and I've never had a delivery SNAFU with them.

As to the whole mix up with Airborne and insuring Apple packages......
when I used to work for an Apple Authorized Service Provider, all Apple
parts shipments were sent via Airborne and if there was any shipping
damage, Apple corrected the matter, not Airborne. I'm guessing that's
the contract they have worked out, or something.

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.