On 26-04-2002 17:07, "Remy Davison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I chose Lombard because of its screen, power, weight
> (remembering iBook II wasn't released yet) and VGA out.
I chose the iBook II over the lombard because:

- I needed more speed and more power, a bigger hard drive and an
X-compatible video card.

- I don't need an Irda port, don't have a Pda nor have plans to get one. I
don't use my cell phone to get connected while on the road, nor am I worried
about eventual such future possibilities as a Bluetooth adapter will do the
job much better than Irda.

- I don't need video I/O port (the iBook only does mirroring) BUT (speaking
of video) I want Usb and FW in order to plug my digital photo and video
camera into the computer. In this case also there always is the possibility
of acquiring video via a FW-equipped device.

- I don't need and audio "in" port because my hi-fi system performs much
better than a computer when it comes to recording cristal-clear digital
music on tape/cd; the "out" port is the only piece of audio equipment I
really need on the comp.

- I want a thin, lightweight, small, powerful machine which does all I need
it to do and more, because i don't mind shutting off to swap the depleted
battery with a fresh one and then restarting to go on working.

- Because I don't need expansion bay devices as I already have an external
cd burner and a Zip (so that I don't have to buy everything again when I
sell or change the computer), because the EB hard drives are not produced
anymore, nor are they sold and so their prices on the used market keep
raising everyday. I consequently prefer thinking of an hd upgrade or, why
not, an external drive.

Last but not least:
- because I sold my Lombard and used this money to pay for a brand new
laptop (open box discount), instead of shelling out more bucks to upgrade
an old machine.

Those are my two cents, obviously this doesn't mean (I repeat it) that I
disagree with you or all those who prefer a Lombard or Pismo machine to the
iBook. To each his own. :-)

Greetings

Lorenzo

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.