Joshua,

I went through this... it's terrible. YES there is a problem and it's
mainly with the terrible documentation.

Here's the deal, the DVD player on my system does exactly what you
said. It gives an error. I've tried everything until I read on the
Apple's forum that the real problem is the DVD player being unable to
play except on the main screen.

What is the main screen? Well it's the one with the menu bar on it.
In addition, you cannot be mirroring.

So. Turn off mirroring - the powerbook will be one display, the TV another.

Now go to the monitors control panel in SYSTEM 9, and click on
arrange and move the menu bar to the TV.

Now you should be able to view the DVD on the TV. Set the resolution
to 780X4XX??? something like that - I don't have the PB here.

Choose full screen or the equivalent.

I have NOT been able to do this under OS X since OS X does not have
an arrange tab in the monitors control panel.

How do you do this under OS X?

Aron

Aron Nelson
Audio Bytes Corporation