At 5.6.2002 2218, JustinLee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What would anyone say the normal temperature is?  What's the hottest it can
> get safely?

I don't know what "normal" temperature is, but chips usually have an
auto-shutdown mechanism if it gets too hot to operate safely.  I have a
Wallstreet 233 (cacheless) with 192 MB RAM, and an upgraded hard disk and
processor (466 w/ 1MB@233).  I think the previous owner messed up some of
the thermal paste that was on there (among countless other things), so mine
probably runs on the hot side.  Gauge PRO typically reports a temperature of
62-65C, though that's with it propped up on books on my desk for
circulation.  I've seen it go as high as 80, perhaps even higher.
Regardless, I still have stability problems that I think are heat-related
(as I was typing this post up, the machine locked up--good thing Entourage
saved my message.)

Matt Reiff
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.