On 10/05/02 14:15, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Battery Reset 2.0 didn't (really) work.
>
> I have a Wallstreet (250MHz, 13.3" if it matters). I let it sit on the shelf
> in
> sleep for way too long (days). When I got back to it, it was totally dead. I
> knew about Battery Reset so I tried it.
>
> Battery Reset finds the battery and does something. The red X over the battery
> disappears for a few minutes, the little lightning bolt never appears, and
> eventually the red X comes back. Other than that, it works fine on AC.
>
> I would like to buy a new battery, but I want to be sure it is really the
> problem -- I've heard that the charging board goes bad sometimes, too. Is
> there
> any way to test it?

Most likely the Power Management Unit. I had to replace it twice when I had
my Wallstreet. The best thing to do is to try the battery in another
Wallstreet. If not, you could try to get another battery (2 batteries are
always good to have) and see if you have the same problem. If you do, then
you know that something is wrong inside your Wallstreet, most likely the
PMU. If not, then the first battery is dead.

-Laurent.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]             Washington, DC, USA
FITNR // adj.: [Thinking Machines, Inc.] Fixed In The Next Release. A
written-only notation attached to bug reports. Often wishful thinking.

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.