Glad to help. It seems like the dumbest thing to keep a multiprocessing
extension enabled on a laptop with only one processor. But that's just the
thing that will make your computer go wacky and have you running frantically
for Applecare.

I found the article at the Apple Knowledge Base. Check out:

    Article 25048: "Mac OS: Do Not Remove Multiprocessing Folder"
    Article 30808: "iMac Discussion Board: Frequently Asked Questions (1 of
    2)"

Just says not to remove it but no explanation why or what it does. Closed
source software can be really evil.

Seth