On 5/17/02 11:15 PM, "Aron Nelson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Everyone (that cares),
>
> If you recall, I had my Powerlogix board go bad. After months of
> waiting and a first bad board, my 2nd one works (after several tries).
>
> However it is now "incompatible" with the 256MB RAM that works in my
> Apple board AND previously worked in the 466Mhz board.
>
> Powerlogix says it is "out of spec" even though it works in the Apple
> board AND in has worked flawlessly in the previous board under OS 9
> and OS X.
>
> I detect a change in their correspondence since I got my board.
>
> In all honesty I cannot recommend them at all anymore _for anything_
> because the problems went far beyond technical.
>
> I am so glad I have my PBG4 - I don't think I could use my Wallstreet
> thinking about them.

Are the problems everyone has been having due to the G3 card, or the G4 card
as well. It seems that most people waiting for their cards to be replaced
were given the offer to upgrade (for way too much money) to the G4. Is the
G4 troublesome too? User reports on XLR8YourMac seem pretty good on the G4
cards.

I hope Powerlogix gets their act together, since they seem to be the only
game in town for Lombard owners.

Jim Eddy                                              James Eddy Woodworks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                             Princeton, NJ
http://home.earthlink.net/~giametti/index.htm