To Dawn at SmallDog, and to everyone else on the list who has kindly
expressed concern about my TiBook:

I had no idea my initial post would cause such misunderstandings, and
I am very sorry. That will teach me to proofread emails more
thoroughly before I hit the send button.

I have bought many things from SmallDog over the years and will do so
again, because they are such fine people to deal with. As a matter of
fact, when the online order I made couldn't be filled because they
had run out of stock, they offered to upgrade my TiBook to the 550
mHz model at no extra cost. I can't thank them enough for that. I did
not mean to imply that either they or Apple had mistreated me in any
way-and I certainly do not think that anyone at SmallDog did anything
to cause the damage to my screen. The thought never even crossed my
mind.

However, I do have to contradict Dawn on one point. I DID contact
SmallDog about my torn screen. It was the first phone call I made as
soon as I opened the TiBook and saw the screen. The person who
answered the phone (sorry, I don't remember who it was) advised me to
call Apple, saying I could probably get the problem resolved more
quickly that way than by sending it back to SmallDog and having them
send it to Apple. (Makes sense to me.) So Apple was the second call I
made. And as I said, they dealt with the problem promptly by
replacing the screen.

So all's well that ends well, as long as we can all find a way to
keep our beautiful TiBook screens polished and smudge-free.

Thanks to all,

Nancy

At 7:07 AM -0400 5/25/02, G-Books wrote:
>Nancy purchased her computer from us in January and never contacted us for
>assistance, nor notified us of any problems.
>
>Certainly, this wasn't done by an employee, I can assure you that.
>

>Dawn D'Angelillo
>Small Dog Electronics
>1673 Main Street
>Waitsfield, VT 05673 USA