On 5/25/02 6:07 AM James Cox edified us all by writing:

>mb module (Siemens) with another module?  Can I substitute a 128 mb module
>for the 64 and keep the lower 32 in place?  160 mb would be more than
>enough for me.

It should work fine, so long as your 32MB module isn't faster than the
128MB you get.

When I first got (additional) memory for my Pismo, I figured I'd put it
(256MB) in the lower slot on the daughterboard and my original 64MB in
the upper slot (so when I got another 256MB later, I wouldn't have to do
the removal of the daughterboard bit). However, as I later learned,
because the lower module is faster than the upper one, I got intermittent
errors related to accessing the upper RAM. But when I switched the slower
original (64MB) module - like your 32MB (original?) - into the lower (low
profile) slot, things worked fine (and have ever since). You can check
the RAM speed (if your mfr. info doesn't tell you) by using Apple System
Profiler and see there.

HTH,

Jim Rohde

One standard to rule them all, one standard to find them,
One standard to bring them all, and in darkness bind them.
In the land of Microsoft, where Shadows lie.