On Wednesday, May 29, 2002, at 09:09  PM, Matthew D. O'Conner wrote:

> I just picked up a used Wallstreet 300 and the seller lied about
> there being no stuck pixels.  I don't care enough to send it back,
> however.  Someone has suggested to me that a person can sometimes
> 'rub-out' a stuck pixel on an active matrix screen by simply rubbing
> the area with a finger.  Is that correct?  Any suggestions regarding
> removing a stuck pixel?

That's about the best you can try. Stuck pixels are a fact of life with
LCD panels, though. My personal experience is that roughly half of the LCD
panels I see have at least 1 (but rarely more than 2) stuck pixels.

The 'massage' therapy entails doing just that.... massaging around the
pixel. Sometimes this works, but rarely permanently; usually, you'll get
it to disappear for a few hours, until the next time the display is bumped,
  or until the next time the computer is restarted.