> Subject: SO FRUSTRATED - General advice please..  (long)
> Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 17:35:15 -0500
> From: "Dan Lovejoy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Problem 1 - I can live with this one.
> The screen has a streaky vertical watermark appearance which I think is

This is probably a cable problem. To test this you can take a snapshot of
the screen and view the snapshot on another computer. If the "streaking" is
part of the picture, then the "streaking" is being created by the video
hardware. If the image view on another computer has no streaking, then it is
most likely a cable problem.

> Problem 2:
> Power. The thing will not sleep reliably. I guess it loses contact with

There have been issues with the Wallstreet sleeping, The Apple Tech database
will cover that and additional information can be found on other forums like
the MacFixIt web site. The Wallstreet also has had some problems with the
power board, which typically needs to be replaced if it is not functioning
well. Again Apple's Knowledge base and other tech forums will cover that
issue.

> Problem 3:
> Following advice on this board, I booted into 0S 9 to do my video stuff.
> I was able to manipulate video in FC Pro with choppy playback onscreen,

It does seem to me that for serious video work the Wallstreet would be very
under powered no matter how fast the installed processor. The Wallstreet's
video card is not fast, the MB has a 66MHz buss which will be a bottle neck
for any fast through put. Over all I do not think that any PowerBook model
would provide a good hardware platform for FC Pro. I do not doubt that for
capture, storage and presentation many PowerBooks are suitable, but when
video editing needs exceed those of iMovie, very serious dedicated hardware
resources are needed.

bill
--