Jim:
It sucks that you never got your refund. No doubt you been asking for it
since? Bankruptcy comes with a lot of ill will for the consumer.
Even if they demure, it might be worth getting something they produce
via other resellers if it helps your overall mac life.
Maybe you've burned off your Newer Tech Karma.