Hi Karl

Have you tried the Battery Reset program? (provided by Apple especially
for the WallStreet model, it seems.) I think someone mentioned it before
in this thread, but I thought I'd reinforce the suggestion, as it has
proved invaluable to me.

I have a WallStreet 266MHz which I use every day and it sleeps most
nights. Every month or so it fails to wake from sleep and plays dead.
When I reset the PowerBook (fn + ctrl + shift + Power) it revives, given
another battery or the mains adapter. But the offending battery is always
completely drained and will NOT recharge. The Battery Reset program has
always brought the battery back to life. I still get 2 and a half hours
from each of my 2 batteries.

The general wisdom of this list points to a general weakness in the Power
Management board in the WallStreet. But I thought it might be worth
giving Battery Reset one more try.

If I ever get into this situation I think it will probably more
economical to "upgrade" to a 2nd hand Pismo than to get the repair done.
Keeping my fingers crossed...

Regards

Mike