Matt Halter wrote:
> Jaguar sounds fantastic, but, unless I upgrade from my wallstreet II and
> older iMacs I can't really make use of all its speed and power.  If I do
> upgrade my hardware I won't have to shell out the big bucks just for
> Jaguar.  I really expected to get a price break on the upgrade since I
> bought my newest iMac only 7 months ago and it came with 10.1   Maybe
> the pricing is to motivate us older hardware owners to upgrade.
> That's how I'm looking at it.

Well, the greatest performance boost from Jag comes from Quartz Extreme,
which means you'll need 32mb or better VRAM and a modern OGL chipset to
run it.

I suspect 10.2 is going to convince a fair number of fence-sitters to
buy new systems; Apple certainly hopes so.

I'm certainly considering it, since the ol' frankenmac (G4 upgraded
7600) is getting a bit long in the tooth.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona