Firewire works fine on Wallstreet.  The MHZ limit is really what you
need to process digital video adequately.  Now the speeds you get moving
data will not be as good as say the new iBooks, but it will certainly
connect you no problem.  It will only limit the burn speed of a burner
you hook up or drop some frames of video compared to the newest chipsets.

Matt