>Advice from a resller who told me that Wallstreet Macs used different
>types of connections on the PCMCIA bus set me off on investigation
>into Firewire cards. Nothing I could find mentioned the PC-cardbus,
>BUT the slowest recommended processor speed for adding Firewire was
>300MHz [Belkin]; Swann recommends 400MHz which I think means yuo'd
>need a Firewire equiped PowerBook in the first place.
>
>I don't have the bottle or cash to have a punt but if you get one to
>work I'd like to know.

I have a wallstreet 233 and I use a newertech firewire pc card.
It works beautifully for digital video. I use Extensions Manager to
keep extensions to a bare minimum when I do video (yes, the specs of
the machine are marginally adequate, but it does work; having 320MB
of ram and a largish (20GB) hard drive also help --- dv takes up a
lot of space). Also, this card is said to work right out of the box
with OS X (I haven't tried that). They used to be real cheap, too,
after newertech went out of business (I got it from outpost.com for
$25).

Luis Sequeira