There are two options for USB sharing of an Epson
printer.  There's the poor utility that Epson has, and
there's Apple's USB Printer Sharing.  Apple's was the
lesser of two evils for me, but it worked so poorly
that I ended up springing for an Epson C80N so I could
hang it on the network as a standalone.

Apple's USB printer sharing worked on my Appletalk
network using DHCP server for IP address assignments,
but it would often "lose" the remote address of the
printer and I'd have to go back to the host computer,
regenerate the shortcut, then copy it to the remote
machine in order to get it to work.  Very frustrating.
 I think if you never turn off either machine, it will
minimize your problems.

- Jeff Lentz

--- Bruce Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<http://www.mail-archive.com/g-books%40mail.maclaunch.com/>