On 7/27/02 2:02 PM Kevin Stevens edified us all by writing:

> From today's ADC newsletter:
>
>[3]  Portables Team Requests Feedback
>
>Apple's Portables development team would like to know
>how they're doing with the PowerBook and iBook. From your
>are compelling to PC users looking to switch. Please categorize
>your comments as hardware, software, and Mac OS, and email to
>mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] before August 10, 2002.

Got this one too, and I wrote to Apple to lose the "brushed silver",
"industrial" look on both the TiBooks and the QT/iTunes/i-anything
software. I told Apple it doesn't go well with the rest of the Aqua
interface, and that AppleWorks is the only Apple software I could recall
which looks decent in appearance.

To me as a person with an art background (B.S. in art, plus several years
of professional photography experience), the TiBook (and the "new" QT
look) seem so plain and "boxy" (makes it easier for someone else to mimic
the appearance of Apple's products, IMHO). Now part of it also is that I
like my Pismo, but I told Apple even the current iBooks look better
visually than the TiBook. YMMV...

Hopefully, this won't start a flame war... ;-)
Hey, if you disagree, write Apple and express your support of brushed
metal... :-)

Jim Rohde

"In every man's heart there is a secret nerve
 that answers to the vibrations of beauty."
                     - Christopher Morley