It would be nice if the PowerBook had a more rugged finish on it.
Anodizing the titanium might help?
Can you see them going back to heavier plastic? Id there a lighter
weight, "bullet-proof" plastic out there?
The artist in me agrees with you about the design of the newer
portables...though bland and generic they still are clean and easy on
the eyes. The Apple logo remains as a distinctive touch. Still, I like
it when Apple's Industrial Design Group goes dramatic.