hi,

i'm a new member of this list, hello everyone!

i want to install osx on my g3 bronze/lombard powerbook (192 RAM, 6
gb, 400 mhz) and i've been searching for info on this for hours now.
no doubt this has been discussed here before, but i couldn't find
anything in the list archives, which only go back a few weeks, as far
as i can see (?)

i know my powerbook is supposed to work with osx, but most mac people
i've spoken with say not to bother with it. however i'm starting to
have trouble getting the software i need for os9 (i need viavoice
which can be ordered in classic version but takes forever to get here
in norway and i need it now!) so i'm thinking i'll give it a go.

could anyone either point me to reports on how well this tends to
work, or, if you've had experience with it yourself, tell me how you
did?

i've read about problems waking up from sleep
(http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=110120020838292647%25charles.bouldin%40nist.gov&rnum=15&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dbronze%2Bg3%2Bosx%2Bgroup:comp.sys.mac.system%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26selm%3D110120020838292647%2525charles.bouldin%2540nist.gov%26rnum%3D15)

and something i couldn't find more on about g3s losing the capability
to play dvds and use quicktime iwht osx - but hoperfully that was
only early versions? or a misunderstanding?
(http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2002feb/bma20020204010096.htm)

any info (or links to archives if this has been discussed to boredom)
would be hugely appreciated.

Jill