"i've read about problems waking up from sleep"

I have been running 10.1.4 for a few weeks or so Jill and have had no
problems either waking up from sleep or any other mishaps. My uncle who
gave me my Lombard 400 mhz, 192 ram (lucky me) thought it would not run
anything past 9. Well he was wrong...it is not as fast as my iMac 500
but I guess I am a patient guy...the uncrashability and ease of use of X
is worth the minor slow down...actually he is quite jealous now of it
but its MINE.

"and something i couldn't find more on about g3s losing the capability
to play dvds and use quicktime iwht osx - but hopefully that was
only early versions? or a misunderstanding? "

Well yeah I can't play DVDs in X (which stinks) but I have not yet had
the occasion to play quicktime movies so I have no experience there...