I  ran my 2000 powerbook for about month with external
monitor and USB Keyboard and mouse adn it workd fine
actually ran cooler! I did notice that the fan would
kick in only with the cover closed it was a little
humming sound but you get used to it but is not as
loud as my Dual G4 which has three fans that is a bit
more noisey as there is one for processors the central
fan on one on the ATI 8500 so the little fan noise on
the powerbook is hardly noticable to me

=====
"Israeli politics, as such, was and remains a busy street. You can turn left or right
-- but if you stay in the middle, you might get run over in traffic."

"We talk about the American Dream, and want to tell the world about the American
Dream, but what is the Dream, in most cases, but the dream of material things? I
sometimes think that the United States for this reason is the greatest failure the
world has ever seen."
                - Eugene O'Neill