> Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 13:04:04 -0400
> From: Kochkodin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Pismo power problem
>
> Hope someone can help with this....
> Last nite (sat 8/10)  My wife was using the Pismo 400 after I plugged the ac
> into the wall...after about 2 1/2-3 hrs, she called me to say the screen was
> darkening up...The warning about being on reserve battery appeared and we
> quickly saved her documents.  The pismo then shut off and is now totally
> dead...no power at all....The one thing I checked immediately was that the ac
> was in a working socket since the yo-yo was cold...as if it had not been on at
> all. Evidently it failed when I plugged it into the wall and now I have no way
> to charge the dead battery.  Has anyone had this happen and also, do you think
> this is covered under Applecare?
> Regards,
> Mike K

If it's the AC adapter, many Pismos qualify for a new one, under the
recall that Apple has. Check it out at this Apple site. Even though the
Pismo doesn't have the black brick, fill in your numbers anyway, as I
know of at least 4 Pismos that qualified.

http://exchange.info.apple.com/exchange/

Jackie