It is my understanding that the new G4s released today still will boot
OS 9, I was at the local Apple Store today and they sold 3 in the hour I
was there, talked to them some, said that was all they had and that 2
more were expected later in the day. Said they didn't ship until this
morning so as to be as secret as possible. Anyways, point being that if
they will boot OS 9, which was not stated outright but in the 15 minute
discussion I had with the sales staff while my cousin bought a new iBook
he never said anything leading me to believe they did not support 9.
Regardless, Apple will be including Mac OS 9 CDs until they remove
Classic, or they will be changing their installer dramatically.