During a break from Jedi Training, I heard Gregory Cortelyou
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> say:

> I don't know if it was on another list or on Apples OSX forum site but
> I read a post the other day from a guy who had called Apple and that
> he was told on the phone that yes indeed 9.2.2 was included with
> Jaguar. Personally I don't care as I do own 9.2 but will the classic
> environment still work if they have decided to completely abandon OS9?
> Lot's of people saying different things with great certainty makes for
> a lot of confusion to be sure. I hope I haven't added too much to that
> confusion. Maybe you should just call Apple too and let us know what
> they said.
> Greg Cortelyou

Jaguar will not come with a full copy of OS 9. The OS X installer will
install (if necessary) enough of OS 9 to run the Classic Environment.
Something to this extent was said at WWDC.

You can see references to this on MacInTouch at
<http://www.macintouch.com/mosxreaderjaguar06.html> and other links,
too. Someone couldn't find it, but most of these sites have search
features........

But let's get the info straight from the horse's mouth:
<http://www.apple.com/macosx/upgrade/specs.html>

> Ordering Information:
> Mac OS X version 10.2 Jaguar (single user)
>
> Contents
> Mac OS X CDs
> Developer Tools CD
> user documentation

so... you get the OS X CDs, the Dev Tools CD, and documentation. That's
it.