on 8/25/02 11:33 AM, Justin at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> 40 bucks more...i say go for it. 5400rpm and a bigger cache........main
> reason i'd say go for it is the 16 meg cache, which definatly would
> make a huge difference.  think i might get one myself for the
> ibook....but alas...i have a warranty........heh

Checkout the comparison test on barefeat.com where they pit the new Toshiba
40 gig HD against the IBM 40 gig 40GNX, 48 Gig 40GN and the 60 gig. All the
extra cache on the Toshiba doesn't seem to do much for the drive in
comparison to the 40 GNX which only has a 8 Meg cache. I was convinced to
order one Thursday from Trans Intl after I lost a eBay auction for one
already in a firewire case.

Jason